Fabregas gets a CONTROVERSIAL red card against Lyon in opening Ligue 1 match!
Fabregas gets a CONTROVERSIAL red card against Lyon as Monaco is in big trouble.
Monaco barely stayed in Ligue 1 last season and they haven’t started this season well.
After first half, they are losing 0-2 to Lyon and had a player sent off.
That player is no other than Cesc Fabregas, who got a controversial red card.
Situation happened when Fabregas stepped on the leg of Lyon’s defender while trying to get the ball.
Referee showed him a yellow card but then decided to use VAR. Referee changed his decision and showed Fabregas a direct red card, which was a very strange call.
You might also like:
- Video: Hanley with unlucky own goal against Norwich!
- Video: Crystal Palace with a LUDICROUS James McCarthy announcement video!
- Chelsea’s fan tries to punch David Luiz poster!
- Video: Kolarov scores a sensational free-kick goal vs Athletic Bilbao!
- Video: Sergio Oliveira with a stunning 90th-minute free-kick goal vs Krasnodar!
Replays clearly saw that Fabregas couldn’t see legs of Lyon’s defender before him and probably didn’t even deserve a yellow card.
A strange call, but Lyon didn’t mind.
They are in a good position to win this match, but they still have to play the second half.