Van Dijk ordering Shaqiri to take decisive free-kick instead of Trent during a Premier League match between Newcastle United and Liverpool!
Van Dijk ordering Shaqiri to take decisive free-kick instead of Trent as Liverpool got another late win.
Liverpool is still in the title race. They are again first in the league at least until Manchester City play their match on Monday.
It looks as though it’s going to be the last match day in the Premier League that will decide the winner of the league title.
An interesting match that had its share of controversial moments.
There was one important moment just before Origi scored the winner with his head. Liverpool had a free kick near the sideline. Trent Alexander-Arnold was there to take it, but Van Dijk didn’t like that.
You might also like:
- Video: Fabinho dives to win a crucial free kick against Newcastle!
- Video: Dubrovka knocks out Salah!
- MK Dons and Mansfield fans storm the pitch after the match ended!
- Video: Foyth direct red card for knee tackle against Bournemouth!
- Video: Son Heung-min gets a direct red card for a crazy reaction against Bournemouth!
He instrucetd, from the penalty area, that Shaqiri should take the free kick instead of Trent.
This proved to be a decisive moment as Shaqiri passed the ball for Origi to score the winner.
A crucial moment from Van Dijk, who showed his leadership skills at the right moment.
Liverpool now only have one match to play as they will hope that City eventually drop points in the remaining league matches.