Vertonghen breaks his nose after a terrible collision with Alderweireld in a Champions League match between Tottenham and Ajax!
Vertonghen breaks his nose after a terrible collision with Alderweireld as Ajax is in the lead.
Ajax has taken the lead against Tottenham after Van de Beek escaped an offside position. A deserved lead, given that Ajax has dominated Tottenham in their own stadium.
A much depleted Tottenham’s side suffered another injury.
Vertonghen and Alderweireld both jumped for the ball in Ajax’s penalty area. Ajax’s keeper also jumped for the ball, which created a collision between Tottenham’s players.
You might also like:
- Video: Gabriel Suazo gets knocked out after brutal kick to the head against Antofagasta!
- Video: Referee gets attacked during a match between Al Merrikh and Hilal El
- Marcos Rojo gets ONLY a yellow card for a HORRIBLE tackle on Willian!
- Video: Azpilicueta hits the cameraman after body check from Lukaku!
- Video: Lowton gets a funny yellow card against Manchester City!
Vertonghen got it a lot worse than Alderweireld. He broke his nose and, eventually, had to leave the pitch.
A painful moment for Vertonghen and a bad one for Tottenham, who lost one of their best defenders to injury.
Ajax is the dominate team and deserves the lead against Tottenham. There is still enough time in this match for everything to change, but Tottenham is in big trouble.